Business Contract Attorney in New York, NY
Established Law Firm Represents Companies in the New York Area
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. If your company was wronged by a breach of contract or if claims of unfair practices have been made against your business, contacting an experienced business litigation firm is essential. At Nonaj Law Firm, we represent business owners and corporate boards in the New York area and across New York in trials in New York and federal courts. As strong negotiators, we will seek to settle disputes to save your company both time and expense, but we are always prepared to assert your rights at trial.
Knowledgeable Litigators Handle Breach of Ctonract Cases
To run a business smoothly and successfully, owners often have to place their trust in the hands of employees, third-party contractors or other businesses. When that trust is broken, it can affect business operations, profits, consumer confidence and more. When a party to a contract doesn’t perform, there are remedies our attorneys can seek for monetary damages or equitable relief. These may include:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs — Amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages — Penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
The lawyers at Nonaj Law Firm are committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are the plaintiffs or defendants.
Skilled attorneys negotiate from a position of strength
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves companies both time and money. The professionals at Nonaj Law will seek to have frivolous claims dropped or dismissed and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. We understand the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration. Our skilled negotiators help our clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation.
Experienced litigators press for your rights in court
If litigation becomes necessary, we build strong cases and argue them before a judge. In addition to breach of contract, the possible legal actions that may be brought against a business are wide-ranging and can include complaints from employees, customers, other businesses or the government related to:
- Business torts
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Breach of warranty
- Construction law
- Environmental law
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
For issues such as these, our attorneys will provide trustworthy legal guidance and representation that protects your business’s bottom line.
- Contract drafting — We draft contracts with an eye toward protecting your best interests in light of contingencies. Your attorney will take the time to listen to your goals and advise you on the various considerations and precautions that apply to your specific circumstances.
- Contract review — You should not sign a contract written by another person without first having an informed legal professional look over the terms and point out changes that better protect your interests. Our firm provides meticulous contract review services.
- Contract modification — If you and the other party agree to make changes to an existing contract, we can draw up amendments to reflect the new terms. In some cases, it may be advisable to create a new contract instead.
Our Attorneys are dedicated to helping you achieve the results you desire by ensuring the terms of the agreement to protect your interests. We can assist you achieve the following results:
- Corporate entity creation
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance and best practices
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Contract drafting and review
- Corporate securities and tax liability
- Asset protection
- Labor and employment issues
- Intellectual property matters
- Commercial banking issues
- Contract development and negotiation — We draft, review and negotiate contracts to ensure your business agreements represent your interests and are legally sound.
- Breach of contract claims — We handle breach of contract matters to both enforce terms and defend breaches.
- Franchise agreement review and execution — Our firm assists with the agreements involved in franchise operations.
- Insurance issues — Our attorneys handle insurance matters to protect insureds and insurers.
- Creation and enforcement of non-compete agreements — We assist with agreements that keep employees from competing with your business during or after their employment.
- Business purchases and sales — We help businesses with legal issues related to the buying and selling of commercial goods and services.
- Real estate transactions and disputes — Our firm assists with property transactions and handles disputes to protect your real estate investment.
- Regulatory compliance — Our attorneys ensure your business is in compliance with federal, state and local regulations that govern its commerce and operations.
- Litigation of tort claims — We represent and defend companies in civil litigation where damages are sought.
- Unfair competition allegations — The firm handles claims of unfair competition in your business practices.