You may be qualified for an employment-based green card if you are in the U.S. on a temporary visa and wish to become a permanent resident. A green card allows you to stay in the country permanently and work without restriction.

There are several steps involved in getting an employment-based green—an immigration lawyer can help you gather the required documentation and submit a strong application. They can also provide guidance and support throughout the process.

The Categories for an Employment-Based Green Card

There are five preference categories for obtaining a green card through employment. They include:

  1. EB-1 Priority Workers. This includes individuals who are considered to be of extraordinary ability, such as outstanding professors and researchers, or multinational executives and managers.
  2. EB-2 Professionals with Advanced Degrees/Exceptional Ability. This category targets professionals with advanced degrees or those who have exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business.
  3. EB-3 Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers. This category includes skilled workers, professionals (those whose jobs require a college degree), and other workers (such as manual laborers).
  4. EB-4 Special Immigrants. This category includes religious workers, employees of the U.S. government abroad, former U.S. government employees in the country of nationality, international organization employees, and Afghan/Iraqi translators.
  5. EB-5 Investors. Foreign investors who want to invest in a new commercial enterprise in the United States that will create jobs for American workers make up this category.

The Documents Needed for an Employment-Based Green Card

There are a few different forms that you may need to fill out to apply for an employment-based green card. The most common form is the I-140, which is used to petition for an immigrant worker. You may also need to submit Form I-485, which is the application for adjustment of status. Consult an immigration lawyer from Nonaj Law to be sure of which forms you need to complete your application.

How an Immigration Attorney Helps Obtain an Employment-Based Green Card

Your immigration attorney will be there to assist you with all aspects of the visa application process, from gathering the required documents to submitting your application correctly. They can also help you resolve any issues that may arise during the application process. This can be extremely helpful, as the visa application process can be complex and confusing.

Contact New York City Area Immigration Attorneys

Navigating the immigration process can be challenging. You want a compassionate and skilled legal team on your side. The qualified New York city area immigration lawyers at Nonaj Law are dedicated to assisting you throughout the employment-based green card process step by step. To schedule a free consultation, call 917-423-7259 today.

We proudly serve New York City, Queens, Brooklyn, Jersey City, and the other surrounding communities.

Need A Legal Team? Start Here!
Table of content
Related articles